POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 5 Apr 2004 06:32:24
Message: <407135b8$1@news.povray.org>
> I think creating pbi.adults (or in general pb.adults) should satisfie both
> "sides". Just a suggestion.

The problem, as has been discussed sometime earlier somewhere, is that the
newsgroups don't have means to certify the age of the visitor. Hence we have
to expect kids to be present, which might be 8 or even 6 years old. But I
don't think that anyone that young would find his way here unless he's a
genius or is brought by his mom/dad.

So, if we assume kids of age 12 and up, what kind of images are appropriate
for them?

Sexual explicit content just isn't.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"